There are thousands of people with a real estate license, but there are important details which separate the great from the merely qualified. Here’s what every great agent should promise you:
- Available when you need them: Full-Timer Realtors work full-time for you. Those with in-depth real estate experience have graduated from the part-timer’s status to the ability to support themselves with their income in real estate.
- A network of industry contacts: A great agent will have a wide network of contacts in the real estate industry, which can be helpful in getting your home sold or finding the perfect property. Along with this, a true professional is open to working with lenders, insurance brokers, inspectors, and other companies that make you feel most comfortable. Real Estate professionals may recommend those who they know and trust, which is incredibly helpful, but a great agent will never confine you to their network of associates. They’ll also let you know if someone you recommend may not meet their professional standards.
- Honesty and integrity: A professional real estate agent is engaged, concerned, and will tell you the best counsel when it comes to serving your needs. Sometimes, this advice may not be easy to hear, especially when it comes to pricing, budget, or repairs. An agent who doesn’t give advice may well be checked-out and giving you less-than-ideal representation.
- In-depth knowledge of the market: A great agent will have an intimate knowledge of the market, including trends, prices, and neighborhoods. This knowledge can be vital in helping you make the right decisions about buying or selling a home.
- Strong negotiation skills: A great agent will be a skilled negotiator, able to get you the best possible price for your home or help you find the perfect property at a fair price.
- Strong communication skills: Communication is fundamental to a working relationship, and a great agent knows that a buyer or seller may have questions and concerns which need addressing as soon as possible. Be respectful of your agent’s schedule, but you should never feel that your real estate agent is missing in action.
- Patience: Buying or selling a home can be a stressful process. A great agent will be patient with you and help to make it as smooth and stress-free as possible.
If you’re looking for a great agent to help with your next real estate transaction, contact me today. I have extensive knowledge and experience of construction, design and real estate knowledge that can prove to be a true value when assisting clients in determining value. My techniques are lender tested and will provide you with the most relevant data available.